While Planning or Designing a Website wear the Shoes of a Crawl Spider
The World Wide Web is similar to tests of strength knights of yesteryears went through. To taste success a website needs to be more than functional or great looking. It is a complicated business and webmasters are now kept on their toes trying to get higher rankings on search engines.
The secret lies in appealing to search engine spiders and so you need to know in detail h
ow a spider works before you build a site.
Spiders read text and cannot comprehend images, colours or graphics. So, any page that is design friendly with little or no content it will receive a low rank. Unless, you include in text format information contained in graphic images; submit only URLs of main content pages and not splash pages; include ALT descriptions of all pictures and include keywords that pertain to them.
• Know that the components that attract spiders are: TITLE tags, META tags, Header tags, keywords, and links. Many spiders score entire sites based on the overall scheme.
• Spiders read algorithms and do not take in whole pages. So, be news savvy and like newspapers place the most important information first. Titles, headers, and the introductory paragraphs must present the essentials.
Once your page is designed think about using a search engine stimulator to evaluate your pages. See: http://www.webconfs.com/search-engine-spider-simulator.php you can add the tool to your website. The report will clarify where you need to make any changes.
A search engine stimulator
will also help you determine whether hyperlinks in your pages are “real.” Experts recommend using tags instead of java script based menus. Try and limit hyperlinks to less than 100 and check that they do not lead to 403 Forbidden or 404 Page Not Found pages. Spiders do not deal with such errors and your pages will not get indexed.
What any search engine spider does
is that is crawls the web and indexes pages in any given database. The spider makes use of algorithms to determine page ranking and relevancy of indexed pages.
Be SEO savvy
and select keywords that search engines will find. Tools like Keyword Playground and Website Key Word Suggestions will help greatly. Avoid dynamic pages and if you have them then run them through the spider stimulator to check if dynamic pages are accepted. Get your Meta Keywords and Meta Descriptions Right these are the delicacies a spider relishes. They are the cornerstones of page ranking and relevance in the “eyes” of any spider.
When planning a web site and its pages keep in mind at all times ” the spider.” This will help you develop pages that are search
Aaron Brooks is a freelance writer for www.1888seoservices.com, the premier website to find Seo consulting, link buildings and professionals seo training, online marketing tips, seo tools and more. He also freelances for the premier Web Directory site http://www.1866webdirectory.com
Article Source: http://www.ArticleGeek.com – Free Website Content
- SEO for Beginners, Part 2: Spiders are People, too (wwwbusinessonline.wordpress.com)
- How a Duplicate Content Penalty Can Hurt Your Online Business (wwwbusinessonline.wordpress.com)
- SEO Advice You Have To Read To Succeed (oursearchengineoptimizationsoftware.wordpress.com)
- Seo (slideshare.net)